Friday, June 26, 2009

Welcome to my new blog!

Years ago I started my family history research to help answer some questions my grandfather had about his ancestors. He was very interested but as he had gotten older his vision was deteriorating, making it difficult for him to read. As a recent college graduate I volunteered to find some basic records about our family members. I never knew how much I'd enjoy it!

My grandfather was so impressed with the research I'd bring to him that he repeatedly told me that I should write a book. After a few months of research I gathered all the information I had gathered and put the facts together in a short document titled "Papa's Book." For years I have continued my research and now have gathered enough information to write an extensive book for all 4 of my grandparents. I have created this blog to share some of my research with others and in hopes meeting some cousins I've never met. If you are connected to these lines, please let me hear from you.

Julie in Georgia

1 comment:

  1. Julie.
    Daddy would be so happy with your research.
    Love,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete