Saturday, October 17, 2009

In Color by Jamey Johnson

I think most of us interested in family history love old photographs. There are so many clues hidden in each picture and it shows what life was like for our ancestors- allowing us to put a face with the name we’ve researched for so long.



When I first heard the country song “In Color” by Jamey Johnson, it reminded me of lots of conversations I had with my own grandfather. The song tells of a grandfather telling his grandson about what was happening in his old black and white photos- from cotton fields during the depression, to World War II, and ending with his wedding day.


The chorus ends with:


“A picture’s worth a thousand words but you can’t see what those shades of gray keep covered- you should have seen it in color.”


I think this is a great song. Here’s a link to the video:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBk07l2aKrE



What I wouldn’t give to be able to see our old family photographs in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment